Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Bad Day.

I'm having one of the unbearably annoying bad days. Its Tuesday which means I have another three days of idiocy to deal with before being able to rest. First off, Monday was long and felt odd shaped. Kind of like a pair of badly cut shoes that hurt your feet after you've only walked for about two blocks. Not the kind of thing that is supposed to happen, but it does, so you deal about how all shoes are now made with cheap labor in China. Ah, but I digress. I've been particularly annoyed about living out of reach of public transportation and the nuisance it causes in my daily life. Since Mike and I are trying to do the environmentally favorable thing by carpooling in the morning, I get screwed in the evenings he has to go to rehearsal and I'm hobo-ing out trying to find a ride back to Dinh Palace.

Yesterday after what seemed to also be an eternity of useless tax dollar wastage (i.e. me sitting at a computer not being productive due to lack of work flowing towards me), I headed to happy hour. Though I enjoy the company of the ladies at my office, I'm younger by 20-30 years than everyone and very difficult for for me to socialize. But, for the sake of office etiquette - I go anyway. Afterwards, I walked up to the Papery (from
Rosslyn to Clarendon) in heels to purchase a going away gift for Scott. I proceed to wander the streets of Arlington wishing that I didn't have to lug my ass back to the next county.

Work just feels
disastrous today and I had a stomach ache all last night. I feel unrested and queasy. I canceled dinner with my grandma (which I feel awful guilty about) because I feel a bit overwhelmed.

No comments: