Friday, March 2, 2007

Hello, March

I promise I'll write more, not that it'll be any good. But I will offer quantity, rather than quality here at Pooptastic. Much like a good satisfying poo would suit you.

Today is Friday. Its 3:55pm and I'm the last one at the office still. My first team mate rolled out around 2pm and the other one dropped out of the staying at work race around 2:45pm. These people are highly paid professionals who are taking advantage of your tax dollars. If I were you, I'd be pretty angry right now.

I told Mike this story yesterday and since he found it moderately entertaining, I will post it. Each morning, when I commute from Mike's hometown of BFN, excuse me, Woodbridge, I participate in this ride sharing program popularly referred to as "slugging." Slugging has a long and strange history here in the nation's capital, mostly because it you pick up complete strangers so you can fill out the carpool requirement of three people to a car.

So each morning, I wait in line this line. Get in the car with a stranger. I get a ride to work while napping and the driver gets to skip all the ridiculous traffic on 95. Yesterday, I got into a BMW (actually most of the slug drivers have nice wheels) with a young Indian couple. The dude had slicked back hair and seemed of affluence. So of course, my reflex is to judge these people for being suburban semi-ghetto types that enjoy gold jewelry, Bollywood and hip-hop.

But I was wrong. Well, at least I was at first.

His radio was blaring the Smashing Pumpkins hit, "Tonight, Tonight". I immediately felt guilty. Maybe beneath the veneer of looking like an Indian bad-ass this guy was really an indie rocker or something. So I settled into the backseat feeling pretty guilty for judging him.

Then as soon as the next song started playing, Akon's "I Wanna Love You" followed by a sling of other skanky 4th tier hip-hop/R&B. I realized it was a mixed tape! Some person (either it be the driver or some other sicko) created a mix that had the Pumpkins next to Akon. It was so strange, but at least I felt vindicated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...seriously...where is the TV/Cadbury Egg in my Fendi Purse story??

Write it damnit!!

Anonymous said...

You still haven't written...I am sad.